Effective Date: May 1, 2019
1. Information Collection
Nooie collects information about you through our website, products and services in several ways. This information is used to provide users with Nooie products and services, to allow us to understand how visitors interact with our website and products, and to provide advertising that is relevant to your interests.
Information you provide: You need to provide your email address to create a Nooie account or subscribe to our newsletter. When registering on our website, you need to enter your contact information, such as an email address. We will provide customer support if you have problems with our products or other inquiries. You need to provide us with information about your use of the website, including your product and contact information.
Feedback: When you use the feedback and suggestions features in our products, we will collect your email address, and feedback to handle your issue and device failure in a timely manner.
Setup information you provide: When installing Nooie Cam or Nooie Home, you’ll be asked for certain basic information like your email address.
Nooie Cam related information:
1) Environmental data from the Nooie Cam’s sensor: We collect data from the sensor built into Nooie Cam. The sensor collect data such as device ambient light in the room. By recording this information, Nooie Cam can know whether it’s dark and it should turn on night vision.
2) Video and audio signals and data: Nooie Cam can help you determine the purpose and the means for which you collect video and audio signals data. If you set up your camera to receive mobile notifications, we may process information from your Nooie Cam to send you alerts when something happens.
The following devices will access and use your personal information collected from basic services of Nooie Home management:
Lighting equipment: light bulb, lighting, smart lamp;
Energy-saving equipment: smart plug, power strip;
Security equipment: Wi-Fi alarm, door & window sensor, gas alarm (ZigBee), smart water sensor (ZigBee), body sensor (ZigBee), body sensor (Bluetooth)
Nooie Home related information:
1) Basic information about smart devices: When you use a smart device connected to Nooie Home, we may collect some basic information about the smart device, including device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version and upgrade information.
2) Smart device reporting information: When you use our products, we may collect information reported by your device. For example, a smart outlet might report information about your appliance’s operating power, current, voltage, etc.
Device information: In addition to any personal information that you choose to provide us, whenever you browse our website, we automatically collect certain information including your diagnostic log information, IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular page.
We may collect the following information, including personal information while you are using Nooie Products and Services as defined in Terms of Services.
Technical information from the device: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with Nooie Cam or Nooie Home, we record your Nooie Cam model and serial number, software version, and technical information such as Wi-Fi signal strength.
Wi-Fi Network Information: To connect the Nooie product to our Services or to access Nooie products from your smartphone or tablet over the Internet, you need to connect them to a Wi-Fi network. During the installation process, the Nooie product will require you to provide a Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password to connect to the Internet. It saves this information along with your IP address on the device so that you can access and control it from your smartphone or tablet, and so that it can communicate with the Nooie server and download software updates.
Shared Content: We will collect and store information that will allow us to save or share your content at your instruction through the Services.
Other Authorized Users: Nooie allows you to enable other authorized users to access your camera. If you do this, other authorized users can view the content from your Nooie Cam/Home. Other authorized users must own a Nooie account.
2. How Nooie Uses the Collected Information
We use the collected information to provide, develop, and improve Nooie Products and Services, including evaluations and recommendations for product safety. We may use your contact information to send you this information, or to ask you to participate in a survey about your Nooie use and to send you other communications from Nooie.
We may also use this information in an undetermined form for research purposes and help us do marketing, and make other business decisions.
We may use a service provider to perform some of these functions. These service providers may not share your information for any other purpose.
We use industry standard methods to ensure the security of this information when it is transmitted to our servers over the home network and the Internet. Depending on your location and data type, Nooie may process your personal information on servers in your country.
The collected information may be used in one of the following ways:
- To understand how people use our Products and Services;
- To conduct research to improve our Services for users and benefit the public;
- To send you direct marketing and other communications from Nooie;
- To prevent damage to Nooie, the rights, property and safety of our users and the public;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise resolve fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with our Services;
- To maintain and improve the integrity of our computing systems and protect users’ data security;
- To enforce legal claims, including investigations that may violate applicable Terms of Service.
- To promote the security of the website: we verify accounts to ensure that our website is used legally by investigating suspicious activities or violations of our Terms of Service;
- To send periodic emails: we will send you the email containing the information like company news, updates or related products, etc. You can unsubscribe anytime at the bottom of each email;
- To provide advertising and business information: we may advertise our own and third-party products based on the products you have installed, accessed, used, and purchased. You may receive marketing information that may contain content that may be of interest to you. As we do not want to spam you, you can manage these communications. We will respect your choices.
3. The legal basis for processing information
If the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to your processing of information, we will process your information in accordance with the following legal basis for the purposes described in the Policy.
When we provide Products or Services
We process your data to provide and support your Products or Services as required by the contract, including but not limited to the provision of our Terms of Service.
When we pursue legitimate interests
We will process your information in accordance with legitimate interests and third party interests, and use appropriate safeguards to protect your privacy. This means we will process your information, for example:
When we comply with legal obligations
We will process your data when we have legal obligations to do so, for example, if we are responding to a legal proceeding or an enforceable government request. With your consent, we will process your information for a specific purpose and grant you the right to withdraw the consent at any time.
Under what circumstances Nooie will share your information
Under no circumstance will we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purposes unrelated to the activation and delivery of Nooie Products and Services without your consent. We do NOT rent or sell our customer list.
With your permission: We may share personal information after obtaining your permission, for example, when you invite other users to access products in your account as other authorized users.
For legal reasons: We will share personal information with third parties if we believe that (i) any applicable laws, regulations, legal procedures or enforceable government requirements are reasonably necessary; (ii) enforce Nooie policies or contracts, which include investigating possible violations; (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise resolve fraud, security or technical issues; and (iv) prevent any harm to the rights, property or safety of Nooie, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
How to delete personal information from Nooie
Nooie will store your personal information on Nooie’s servers until you delete or edit it. You can delete your account and personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Nooie discloses personal information
Nooie shares your personal information with other partners, as described in this Policy, when services are provided by partners authorized by Nooie. For example, when you make an online purchase from our website, we must share your personal data with the logistics provider to arrange shipment or a partner to provide services.
We will process your data when we have legal obligations to do so, for example, if we are responding to a legal proceeding or an enforceable government request.
With your consent, we will process your information for a specific purpose and grant you the right to withdraw the consent at any time.
4. Information Security
Keeping secure personal information that we collect is of great concern to us. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. No network can claim to be 100% secure. When you provide information to our website, you do so at your own risk.
5. Cookies & Similar Technologies
Cookies allow our website to remember your settings such as language, font size on your computer or mobile device, or other browser preferences. This means that a user does not need to reset preferences for every visit. On the contrary, if cookies are not used, our website will treat you as a new visitor every time you load a web page and you need to log in again.
6. Your Choice
When you use some web functions like registering an account or signing up to participate in an event, we will ask you to accept and agree to this Policy. You may withdraw your consent to collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information held or controlled by us by submitting a request.
Many web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can manually modify your browser’s setting to delete cookies if you prefer. You may also render some web beacons unusable by rejecting or removing their associated cookies. If you do not wish us to send periodic emails, you can unsubscribe anytime as described below.
Nooie will store your personal information on Nooie’s servers until you delete or edit it. You can delete your personal information by sending us an email.
Only persons aged 18 years and older are allowed to be the Owner of the Nooie Account. Authorized users must be at least 18 years of age (or the same minimum age in the jurisdiction in which they reside) and may use Products and Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian, and only if they agree to be bound by these terms on your behalf. Nooie Products and Services do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
8. Third-Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Please note that the Policy may change from time to time. We will provide any notice of change on the website or by contacting you.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions, please contact us by email: support@Nooie.com.